Wednesday 11 February 2015

Current affordable skin care routine

Hello everyone! Long time no see, hey? So I have finally switched up my skin routine. I do confess my skin care had been somewhat lacking, only consisting of me wiping my makeup off with super cheap makeup wipes, and using a random face wash... If I was really pushing the boat out! So in an attempt to change my ways I recently hit up superdrug and boots to actually buy some new products (Huzzah) and scrap the old makeup wipes I was torturing my skin with! I know skincare can seem absolutely daunting with hundreds of different products on the shelf all promising similar things. So I picked up a bunch and thought I'd review them for you. This is definitely an affordable skin care routine as I am 16 and unfortunately was not blessed with a billionaire father. All these products can be found in most UK drugstores. This blog post was not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.

Garnier Micella Cleansing water

1. So first up we have the Garnier micella cleansing water, and this is what it looks like

First up I had heard so much about this product before I brought it, mainly good things so when I saw the price I had to snatch it up. I brought this for £3.33 in boots which is pretty good for a 400ml bottle especially as you get 200 uses out of it! so is actually way more cost effective than the pack of 25 £1.00 make up wipes I used to torture my skin with. So from someone, lets face it not that great at taking care of her skin, it's a great deal. This product is essential a knock off the more expensive makeup removers from the high end products such as Clinique, but for a fraction of the price, and in my opinion it works almost, if not just as good as the more expensive brands.I love how gentle it is on my skin as I do have sensitive skin and have had no troubles with it irritating my skin. It's also great for skincare novice's like myself as one bottle takes off a whole face of makeup including skin, lips and eyes so it takes up a lot less time, money and effort. It's fragrance free so all though no, it doesn't have a gorgeous smell of roses, it's good for your skin and is lesss likely to be an irritant, and I guess at the end of the day that's ore important right? It certainly removes my makeup way better than my old makeup wipes did. For me I use it twice a day and the bottle is barely dented! Rate: 5/5


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash

2. So next we have the Neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit facial wash and it looks like this 
I hadn't looked into this too much before I brought it and got it on impulse. I have to say it smells amazing, however I maybe a touch biased as one of my favourite scents happens to be pink grapefruit, which if I'm honest is what first brought me to the product. I have got to say it got to work right away, I woke up the next day and my skin was already clearer and less red which I was really pleasantly surprised with as I don't believe I have ever experienced that with a face wash. However this is not without a catch unfortunately. It is quite drying. Personally my skin was only a tad dry from it however I have heard some horror stories where some people found their face being completely dried out and sore. So proceed with caution! although my own experience with it was reasonably good be warned! It is also sold at a low-average high street face wash price of £3.29
Rate: 3/5 (for the dryness)



Garnier clean & invigorating Toner

3.  So next on my list is the garnier clean& invigorating toner that happens to look like this 
So confession time. I have never used a toner so don't have a lot of experience in this department. First up I love the refreshing feel of this. It has a faint smell but really wakes you up in the early morning. I put a bit on a cotton pad and spread it around my face and it's kind of like that feeling when you jump into a swimming pool if that makes any sense at all! Just a really refreshing and revitalising feeling. I haven't really seen much difference in the appearance of my skin from this but I will say it does a great job removing leftover makeup so it has it's purposes. I picked it up at superdrug for £2.10 which I thought was a pretty decent price. 



Rate: 3/5


Superdrug tea tree spot stick 
4. So now we come to the superdrug tea tree spot stick. Hmmm, it looks like this 

Okay so it's pretty safe to say I did not love this product. In fact I hated it. I really like the superdrug tea tree oil foam facial wash and am aware of how tea tree is a great natural fight against spots, and I personally adore the smell so when I saw this I thought it sounded perfect, tee tree oil with an applicator so you can apply it directly to spots. Sounds great! however I was very wrong! First up, it's extremely unhygienic. The applicator is similar to one from a concealer stick that you apply to spots then put back in again. Therefore just spreading round the bacteria. Not good. Also this was incredibly drying which I understand is to dry out my spots but somehow it did nothing to clear my skin, in fact it made it worse by making my skin appear more red. Also when I first applied it the sensation was tingling verging on burning. I know tea tree is meant to tingle when first applied but this was irritating my skin. In my opinion definitely not worth the £3.29 I payed for it. 

Rate: 0/5 (Sorry superdrug)



No comments:

Post a Comment